Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween and Stuff

I love Halloween. I always have and I always will. Now that I'm older, it's for the fun parties and dressing up like a complete slut and having it be socially acceptable. But when I was younger.......
My step-mom is an excellent seamstress, and very very creative. So a month or two before Halloween, we'd decide what we wanted to be and by Halloween we would have these amazing costumes that nobody else had since they were homemade! For example, one year I decided that I wanted to be a Black Widow Spider. I'm not sure why. But that's what I wanted to be. So my mom made me an awesome costume. I had all these legs poking out all around me and the appropriate red marks on the belly and back. It was awesome! Until I knocked Larissa Larson's punch over with one of my legs. She got mad at me and I felt dumb. Until I remembered that I was wearing the coolest costume EVER.
I never wanted to be something cute. I always wanted to be something scary. I know that a lot of little girls want to be princesses and fairies and things of that sort. I just wanted to be dark. I've decided to make a list of the cool Halloween costumes that my mom made for me.

-Vampire

-Witch (for a few years)

-Black Widow Spider

-Bat

-Car Accident Victim

-Dead Bride

Then I grew up a bit and found random things to wear- just so I was wearing SOMETHING that would still permit my teenage self to get candy.

And then I grew up even more and now focus on the skimpy slutty costumes. The one day a year where it's socially acceptable to dress like a prostitute, as I've noted before. My costume this year is camoflauge-style slut. I tried it on for Michael last night, and let's just say that he likes it.......

So....... what was YOUR favorite costume from childhood? Mine will always be the spider. Share your favorites with me.

Much Love!

P.S. If ONE more person yells at me on the phone today, I'm leaving work early. I don't deserve to be treated like that.

2 comments:

Goofy McWanker said...

I've seen those pictures of the black widow! Adorable. I honestly can't remember any interesting costumes? I was the typical Dracula, Baseball Player, etc. I bet I can find some embarassing costume pictures if i tried...

Just Me said...

I still say my favorite is the pic of you from our MVP video where you have that yellow duck hat thing on your head and are wearing a turquoise outfit. Though that wasn't Halloween...... And you weren't a little kid.......
Haha!